...I repositioned the ladder to complete my work and set the strippers on one of the rungs. Then I went to the corner of the room to get some wire. At that point the room got seriously cold and it was close to 90 degrees outside. The central air in the house wasn't on because I had the power turned off. Then all of a sudden there was an intense feeling of static electricity in the room that made the hair on my arm stand up. Suddenly the wire strippers launched from the rung of the ladder and embedded themselves into the drywall less than a foot away from where I was standing.
I'm glad that I had another pair of pants in my truck! Needless to say, it scared the crap out of me.